Impossible to remember everything I read in 2010, I elected to acknowledge five original works that were released this calendar year rather than choose from the many great collections, anthologies, and archive editions that break my wallet nearly every month.
1. The Playwright by by Daren White and Eddie Campbell
2. Make Me a Woman by Vanessa Davis
3. Richard Stark’s Parker Book Two: The Outfit by Darwyn Cooke
4. Scalped by Jason Aaron and R.M. Guera, Various
5. Motel Art Improvement Service by Jason Little
And, because webcomix are just as valid and cool and hardly get the same credit as print comics, I'd like to alert you kids to my favorite of the year, Michel Fiffe's ZEGAS: http://www.act-i-vate.com/92.comic